You may be wondering, “But how can these 2 major muscle groups, the abs and the buttocks, really work at the same time?”
However, combining your abdominal strap and your buttocks (yes, they are above all muscles) in a single abs and buttocks session is extremely beneficial, not only for your aesthetics, but also for your muscle development in general.
Table of Contents
- Why combine buttocks and abs in a single session?
- 1. Step up for abs and glutes
- 2. The running bridge for the gluteus maximus
- 3. The bedbug dying
- 4. The balance of the warrior for the buttocks
- 5. Dragonfly for abdominal sheathing
- 6. Lateral leg lift for the gluteal abs muscles
- 7. Pendulum board for the abdo strap
- Exceptional program for muscular buttocks
Why combine buttocks and abs in a single session?
Because in all your daily activities, including when you play sports, your muscles work together and not separately. Strengthening your glutes and abs strengthens all the muscles of the posterior chain. They include the back, lower back, glutes and hamstrings (the back of the thighs).
Moreover, if you are aiming for a goal flat belly or want to lose weight in general, working out large muscle groups will help you achieve maximum results in the minimum amount of time. And if you believed until today that the buttocks were only used to sit down, you will quickly understand that it is indeed the strongest muscle group of your body.
You need to tone them up!
So here are 8 bodybuilding exercises that you can incorporate into one. sheathing session which will not take more than 15 minutes. You will chain them with 10 to 15 seconds of rest between each exercise. At the end of the 6 exercises, start a series again, taking 1 to 2 minutes to breathe.
Start saying goodbye to saddlebags... Let's go for an abdominal belt and concrete buttocks:
1. Step up for abs and glutes
This is the exercise with which you will start the machine. If you need it to get you started, do a few stretches beforehand.
HOW TO DO :
- Stand facing the stepper or the chosen support, about twenty centimeters away;
- Place your left foot on the stepper and step up, raising your right knee toward your chest;
- Return to gently place your right foot at its starting point, then your left foot;
- Do it 15 times on the left foot, then 15 times while pressing on the right foot.
Equipment for this exercise abs glutes
In fact, you may need a stepper for this fitness exercise, but you don't have to. You can also choose any sufficiently stable support from 20 to 30 cm in height. Stairs can also be suitable for beautiful, well-muscled buttocks.
Otherwise, opt for an adjustable stepper model at a low price.
2. The running bridge for the gluteus maximus
This movement is great for strengthening the muscles of the gluteus maximus, hamstrings (back of the thighs) and lower back. It really has its place in a good bodybuilding program.
HOW TO DO :
- Allongez-vous sur le dos en utilisant si possible un ground sheet confortable ;
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor, arms stretched out at your sides, palms up;
- Raise your buttocks like in the picture to form a sort of bridge. Your bust and thighs should be aligned. This is your starting position;
- While keeping your knee bent, raise your right foot. Hold the position for a second and slowly lower your foot to the floor. Your butt should remain in the air throughout the movement;
- Now do the same with the left foot;
- Repeat this exercise 15 times per side.
For all floor exercises, a comfortable yoya mat will suffice.
3. The bedbug dying
Well, it's not my fault for the name, since the Anglo-Saxons called this movement Dead Bug, which means “dead bug”. But since she's still moving, it seems to me that "bug in agony" is more appropriate 😉
Yes, I know, it's awful! Alright, let's get to the exercise itself.
HOW TO DO :
- First, lie on your back keeping the thighs perpendicular to the floor, while the knees should form a right angle so that the calves are parallel to the floor (look at the picture to understand).
- Then, extend your right leg while bringing your left hand back. Keep your lower back glued to the floor (not so easy).
- Return to the initial position and do the same with the left leg and the right hand.
- Repeat this muscle strengthening exercise 15 times per side.
To really have a flat stomach and keep it, you absolutely must learn how to eat to lose weight thanks to this program:
4. The balance of the warrior for the buttocks
Ready for the challenge ?
HOW TO DO :
- Balance on your left foot as you raise your right knee toward your chest.
- Bring your right leg back while extending your arms forward or to the side for balance. Bend your supporting knee slightly, trying to keep the rest of your body parallel to the ground.
- Hold the position for a second, then return to the starting position, right knee in front of you.
- Do this 15 times on one side then 15 times on the other.
5. Dragonfly for abdominal sheathing
Learn to fly by hovering, like dragonflies. Your abdominal muscles will remain contracted during your arm strokes. Not so easy, all that. But I never said it would be easy, did I?
This is the price to pay for reshape your figure, firm up and gain tone.
HOW TO DO :
- As with the bridge exercise (#2), lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Press your feet together. Raise your outstretched legs to the maximum halfway between the dol and the ceiling, or lower if you want to increase the difficulty (you don't think it's difficult enough, do you?).
- Raise your head (if you don't have a neck problem) and shoulders so they are off the floor. Extend your arms along your body.
- Pump with your arms up and down like your life depended on it 🙂 Inhale through your nose for 5 pumps and exhale through your mouth for the next 5 pumps.
- Do a full set of 100 push-ups.
6. Lateral leg lift for the gluteal abs muscles
As you will understand later, I could have called it something other than the lateral leg raise. But the other name would have been even less poetic 😂
What not to do to have a flat stomach and muscle the buttocks, anyway… Let's go, you're going to sculpt all that, and let it jump!
HOW TO DO :
- Get on all fours (it starts well :-)) but raising your knees slightly off the ground. You will therefore be supported on your hands and the tips of your feet.
- Lift your right foot off the floor while keeping your leg bent.
- Raise the right leg to the side, turning the bust. Excuse me for the image, but you are going to raise the leg to the side like a dog who wants to urinate on the wall, trying to have the inner thigh parallel to the ground.
- Now kick outward before bringing your leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement 10 times on the right, then do 10 repetitions on the left.
- Do this sequence 2 times in a row if possible.
7. Pendulum board for the abdo strap
The important thing when doing the plank is to keep the muscles contracted throughout the exercise. And this variant is no exception.
The abs, pectorals (squeezing the wrists together), buttocks and quadriceps must be voluntarily contracted. For many fitness specialists, it is the king of exercises to work the abdominals. But in addition to its ability to build abs, you will immediately realize its ability to strengthen the buttocks and legs.
I hardly go a day without doing this exercise 😀 I include it in every circuit training, even when it's not the abs day.
HOW TO DO :
- Take the plank position resting on your forearms.
- Swing your body from front to back thanks to the work of your calves and your shoulders. Be sure to keep the body aligned without raising the buttocks and without arching the kidneys.
- Stop when you can no longer keep the alignment of the body, regardless of the duration of your exercise.
Repeat this set of 7 abs exercises glutes after one to two minutes of recovery.
Exceptional program for muscular buttocks
If you are looking for a super effective method to have bulging and muscular buttocks, you absolutely must discover the program “Unlock your glutes”. You can read my full review by clicking on this image:
In total, you should be able to do this muscle toning session in less than 15 minutes. Your physical condition will love it and your look too!
Have you tried this type of workout? Are there any other exercises you like to use to strengthen your core and buttocks? Tell me everything in the comment box below.
Use our free calculators
Calories per sport