Why go in search of best resistance bands kit ?
In the world of strength training, elastic bands often tend to be forgotten or ignored. Especially when compared to all the heavy strength training equipment such as guided or free weight benches, dumbbells, cast iron plates and kettlebells.
Why is this strength training equipment so often shunned? Well, probably because it impresses less young athletes looking for muscle volume than free weights or a weight bar.
And yet, the resistance band kits have many advantages… especially if you train at home, or if you are mobile.
Table of Contents
- Different types of resistance bands
- The best kits to replace dumbbells
- The best elastic loop bands kit
- Mini elastic bands for fitness and yoga
- Resistance Band – The Benefits
- Choosing the Best Resistance bands Kit
- Why I chose Resistance Bands kits
Different types of resistance bands
There is a different type of resistance band for each objective training and strengthening each muscle group.
But it is still better to invest in a kit that will allow you to do almost everything you want. You will find a complete program in split routine with elastic bands in the Buld Muscle –> Workout programs section.
There are for example:
- Kits where the tubes are separated from the handles. These are the most versatile, so the ones I recommend as a priority. In addition, their packaging in the form of kits allows you to save money;
- From resistance bands or the handles are fixed on the tubes. Often less expensive, they are useful for those who are not looking for performance, but just extra resistance for certain exercises;
- Loop bands , that is to say a kind of giant rubber band. They are perfect as a dumbbell complement or for those who want assistance with pull-ups. I also encourage you to buy 2 or 3 for your squat sessions;
- Specific kits for particular gym exercises, such as jump squats. This kind of resistance band doesn't seem particularly useful, except for those looking for a particular performance on a movement, such as basketball players or tennis players wishing to improve their explosiveness in jumping. Their objective will be to strengthen the glutes and the quadriceps above all.
So you have to choose what you really need. And that often depends on what you will use it for.
Sometimes it is good to combine 2 models of elastic bands to increase the number of exercises that can be performed or to offer heavy resistance for a movement of strength.
For example, an elastic strength training kit with separate handles is perfect for building your upper body and abs. In addition, the loop tapes are perfect for leg work or as an aid for pull-ups and dips.
Before buying your kit, you must also meet these 3 criteria: Quality, Functionality and Price.
Whatever your final choice, you will have easily transportable equipment available.
Here are the models I have selected for you:
The best kits to replace dumbbells
I tried many brands, and started using the American brand Bodylastics.
The big problem is that this manufacturer now only sells in North America for management cost and tax reasons. I discussed it several times with them to encourage them to reconsider their position, but they do not wish to return to our market.
A few words about the SmartWorkout brand
This French brand is the only one, to my knowledge, to offer kits with 7 latex tubes of very good quality at a very affordable price. Its bands offer sufficient progressive resistance with the possibility of going up to 160 kg. I also know that SmartWorkout is in the process of upgrading its products to make them even better.
Whatever the brand, natural latex offers a much better lifespan than the rubber that often characterizes classic rubber band kits cheap.
If you are not equipped, I recommend one of the 2 elastic band kits from the European brand SmartWorkout. Not only are they attractively priced, but you get free access to 3 workout programs and videos. In addition, you get 20 % discount with my links. Here's what's included in the Elite Pack:
- 7 natural latex 100 % tubes, which can provide up to 120 kg of resistance;
- 1 bar with integrated fasteners for attaching rubber bands;
- 2 non-slip silicone handles for a better grip;
- 2 neoprene padded ankle straps;
- 1 thick easy to install door anchor;
- 4 unbreakable stainless steel carabiners;
- 1 compact bag to carry the kit anywhere;
- 3 free weight training programs included (Express, SmartGains, Strong & Beautiful);
- 1 user guide.
You can also purchase the SmartWorkout Pro package which includes exactly the same items except for the bar (click on the link to learn more).
Resistance bands at Amazon
Most of the models sold on Amazon France unfortunately suck and suck. The last one I bought almost ended up in the trash after my first set of bicep curls. But I remembered that I could return them to the seller, which I did with great pleasure 😉
Anyway, the kits offered are less complete than those of SmartWorkout. However, I have elastic bands from the French brand GJELEMENTS, which provides latex tubes with very good quality handles. You find them in this table that I update regularly:
The best elastic loop bands kit
Loop bands are different from kits with handles, but worth considering for serious training programs.
They do not replace the tubes with handles that I mentioned earlier, but they will allow you to do sessions with stronger resistances. I mainly use them for squats and pulls for latissimus dorsi because they offer great resistance.
These ultra-resistant rubber bands are often delivered with handles, but sincerely I find that it is not really of interest with these bands. It is better to take them in the hands using weight lifting gloves if necessary.
Practices for squats
For example, you can use them for more intense squat sessions than with tubes. Indeed, these latex bands are flat and do not require the use of hands since you can pass them over your shoulders or hold them in front of your neck, as if it were a squat bar.
Your hands will just be used to hold the bands on each side of your bust, a bit like holding your suspenders 😉
Useful for progressing to pull-ups and dips
Indeed, pull-ups and dips are not accessible to everyone. These exercises require a lot of strength and easily lead to injury if you are not prepared.
Loop-type elastic weight bands make it very easy to lighten your body weight for training, or simply to warm up before doing pull-ups and dips without assistance.
Mini elastic bands for fitness and yoga
Many readers are not looking for muscle gain, but want to improve their flexibility and tone. If you fall into this category, mini-bands are for you.
The resistance levels are simply identified by expressions ranging from ultra-light for pink to extra-strong for blue.
- [DURABLE QUALITY AND WILL NOT HURT THE SKIN] - Our...
- [MULTI-FUNCTIONAL RESISTANCE BANDS] - Color bands...
- [2 PAIRS OF DOUBLE-SIDED SLIDERS] - Fitness core sliders...
10 video exercises for the legs with the mini-bands
Resistance Band – The Benefits
Resistance bands have an incredible amount of benefit for the majority of you:
- Lightweight, versatile and easy to transport in a small bag, they are the ideal choice for those who want to train anywhere. Traveling, at the hotel, with friends or at home, they will follow you everywhere. Imagine arriving at the family for the holidays with your dumbbells, your bars and your weight bench 😉;
- You can use them alone and make hundreds of different exercises for all muscle groups;
- A weight training elastic allows you to work your muscles on all the plans. Your movements can go from bottom to top, like the dumbbells, but also from top to bottom, from right to left or from left to right, diagonally... So you have infinite possibilities of exercises.
- Your joints are significantly less stressed than with free weights, since you have almost no tension at the start of the movement. It is during the contraction of the muscles that the tension of the tube increases. Resistance bands therefore respect the mechanics of your body much more.
- Due to their lightness, you can easily train alone, even if you attempt an exploit. Conversely, it is totally inadvisable to do sessions with heavy loads when you are alone or with someone unable to help you in the event of a problem.
- By combining them with your movements with free weights such as dumbbells, elastic bands will even allow you to improve the quality of your sessions and your muscle congestion.
It is no doubt possible to find even more advantages to resistance bands.
That being said, choosing the right rubber band kit is extremely important too. It is not a question of buying anything under the pretext that the idea is good...
Especially since resistance bands come in different shapes.
Choosing the Best Resistance bands Kit
Before you order or buy anything, you need to know what you want to do with it.
Of course, the resistance bands quality you choose is important. In addition, a kit should be complete enough for your use, including door anchors, pegs, strong handles. This is the case with the SmartWorkout and GJElements brand packs.
As with dumbbells, you need to choose a resistance level that works for you. But you should also understand that resistance bands offer a growing resistance when you stretch them.
Fortunately, manufacturers give an indication of resistance in kilos or pounds (pounds) on latex tubes or elastic bands. This allows you to get an idea of what to buy. Especially if you are used to using dumbbells.
Anyway, if you buy a kit, it will be very easy for you to test and decide which tube or group of tubes you should use.
Indeed, the sets presented in this article allow you, for example, to use several rubber bands at the same time thanks to their small individual carabiners, and therefore to combine resistance.
Why I chose Resistance Bands kits
When I bought my first set of resistance bands, I really became a fan. Since then, I have also equipped myself with 5 kits, 3 with tubes and handles, and 2 packs of loop bands.
This allows me to work on several exercises in a row for HIIT sessions of 30 to 45 minutes of training. I can prepare a resistance band for each movement in advance.
Moreover, since I discovered the SmartWorkout Elite Pack, I have everything I need for great sessions with a straight bar. If you have to pick just one, this is currently the best rubber band kit in the UK. With this one, you will be able to do unique sessions anywhere.
If you've switched to resistance bands yourself for your strength training program, share your experience by leaving a comment below. THANK YOU !
Use our free calculators
Calories per sport
Related words: difference smartworkout program goal resistance band fitness cross training human movement force curves unbreakable fastening system strength training women glute elastic cross training band
Last updated on 2022-03-03 / Affiliate links / Some images are sourced from the Amazon Product Advertising API